Each year during the month of March, Eliza Pillars Registered Nurses of Mississippi conducts health fairs throughout the state for our annual “Healthcare Disparities Initiative”. This will mark Eliza’s sixth (6) year to offer the PEARL Initiative. PEARL is the acronym for Prevention of Illness/Promotion of Health, Early Detection, Advocacy, Referral, and Living Healthy. Please come out and join us at one of our healthfairs in your area to receive free health screenings, referral information, mini education sessions, and visit with health related exhibitors. Some of the topics addressed are diabetes, stroke, kidney disease, heart disease, breast health and men’s health.
Health Fairs Dates for 2016
- District I Tupelo, MS, March 5, 2016 at Barnes Crossing Mall
- District II Greenville, MS, March 19th, 2016 at the Elk’s Lodge
- District IV, Jackson, MS, April 2, 2016 at Christ the King Catholic Church
- District V, Meridian, MS, March 19, 2016 at EMEPA Auditorium
- District VI, Natchez , MS, March 13th and March 20th, 2016
Betty Young-Cryer RN, MSN, NE-BC, CRRN